A multi-vehicle collision occurred on Interstate 280 near Highway 1 in Daly City, California, on Wednesday afternoon, resulting in one person being hospitalized. The California Highway Patrol reported the pileup around 6:15 p.m. on the northbound lane. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
Car accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. It’s essential to know what to do in case an accident occurs. Here are some tips on what to do if you get involved in a car accident:
1. Check for injuries: The first thing to do after an accident is to check if anyone is injured. Call 911 immediately if someone needs medical assistance.
2. Call the police: Even if no one is injured, it’s vital to call the police. They will file a report of the incident, which can be helpful in insurance claims later on.
3. Exchange information: Gather the names and contact information of everyone involved in the accident, including witnesses. Take photos of the damage to the cars and the accident scene if possible.
4. Notify your insurance company: Let your insurance company know about the accident as soon as possible.
5. Seek legal advice: If you or someone in your car is injured, seek legal advice from a trusted law firm, like Avian Law Group, who can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Remember, staying calm and focused is crucial after a car accident. Taking these steps can help ensure your safety and protect your rights. Don’t hesitate to seek legal advice if needed.