Avian Law Group deeply regrets to report the tragic loss of Blanca Arcelia Guerrero, 76, who was struck by a school bus in La Puente on May 13, 2023. While the investigation is still ongoing, our hearts go out to the family and friends of Ms. Guerrero during this difficult time.
Pedestrian accidents like this serve as a sobering reminder of the importance of staying attentive and cautious while walking, biking, or driving. With traffic becoming ever more congested in urban areas like La Puente, it is critical that all individuals exercise heightened caution and take steps to prioritize safety. Here are a few tips to help prevent future accidents like this:
– Stay aware: When walking, always be aware of your surroundings. Keep your cell phone and any other distractions out of sight while crossing the street or navigating busy intersections.
– Follow signals: Use properly marked crosswalks when available and obey all traffic signals, including traffic lights, stop signs, and crossing signals. Do not assume that drivers or cyclists will stop automatically.
– Be visible: Wear bright, reflective clothing or accessories whenever possible. This is especially important during darkness hours or inclement weather when visibility may be low.
– Stay sober: Avoid walking or biking while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This can severely impair your ability to make sound decisions and react quickly in potentially dangerous situations.
– Seek legal counsel: If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, it is vital to seek legal counsel from a personal injury attorney. Avian Law Group has the experience and expertise necessary to help individuals understand their legal options and fight for compensation in the event of injury or loss.
While it may be impossible to completely eliminate the risk of pedestrian accidents, taking these steps can help make the roads safer for all individuals. Our thoughts continue to be with the Guerrero family during this difficult time, and we urge all individuals to prioritize safety while on foot, bike, or behind the wheel.