Avian Law Group wants to remind everyone to stay safe while walking on the road. Unfortunately, a pedestrian recently suffered injuries following a traffic accident that occurred on Union Avenue Wednesday afternoon, May 10.
According to preliminary investigations, a Bakersfield Police Department vehicle struck an individual near East 9th Street in Bakersfield. The injured pedestrian was immediately transported to the hospital for medical attention.
Pedestrian accidents can happen anytime and anywhere. Most of the time, these accidents result in serious injuries or fatalities. Therefore, it is crucial to keep safety in mind while walking on the road.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends some tips for pedestrians to stay safe while walking on the road. These include:
1. Use sidewalks and if there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic on the edge of the road.
2. Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections if possible.
3. Avoid using electronic devices while walking on the road.
4. Wear reflective clothes and carry a flashlight when walking at night.
5. Always assume that drivers cannot see you and try to make eye contact with the drivers before crossing the street.
6. Stay sober while walking on the road. Alcohol and drugs can impair your judgment and delay reaction times.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian accident, seek medical attention immediately. Consult an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
At Avian Law Group, we understand how devastating a pedestrian accident can be. Our seasoned lawyers are committed to helping victims recover the compensation they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.